Iron-Chromium-Aluminium Heating Alloys
Electrical Resistance and Heating Element Wires, Ribbons, and Strips
- FeCrAl 125: Low-cost heating element used in toasters and other small appliances. Long life performance for element operating temperatures up to 1150 °C.
- FeCrAl 135: Used as heating elements in hot plates, irons, electric furnaces, etc.. Improved hot strength compared to 125 grade. Good for continuous element operating temperatures up to 1200 °C. Also used in resistor applications and heavy relay switches.
- FeCrAl 145: Used for industrial furnaces, kilns and other high temperature applications. Long-life for continuous operating temperatures up to 1300 °C. Less increase in resistance on heating and higher oxidation resistance compared to other grades.
Condition of Supply
- Bright Annealed;
- Oxidised (Blue and Golden);
- As Drawn
FeCrAl Alloy Properties
|Specific Resistance |
(at 20 °C)
|Coeff. Of Resistance x 10-4|
Ohms/ohm/°C-20° to 1100 °C
|Linear Expansion Coeff. (T=20-1000 °C) x 10-6||Maximum Element Operating Temperature (°C)|
- Wire: 8 mm diameter to 0.15mm diameter.
- Ribbons/Strips: Width 0.4-100 mm, Thickness: 0.2 mm and above
Long Life and Design Help
All of JLC alloys have gone through extensive life tests and are proved to last longer than other equivalent alloy grades available in the market. These wires are made with high quality raw materials from the melting and alloying stage. JLC's team of engineers can help you to select the appropriate grade, size and design coiled-wire heating elements for your specific applications.
Note: Other Grades of heating element and resistance alloys (including NiCr alloys) are also available. Please contact us for more information.
Article coutsey of JLC Electromet Pvt. Ltd., India